The University of Lending
Are you ready to take your lending program to the next level, while restoring enthusiasm & excitement to your lenders? Rex Johnson, the industry's leading lending expert, has helped hundreds of credit unions achieve dramatic improvements in their loan ratios, bottom lines and member service practices. Your credit union will experience these same outstanding results and much more by implementing the proven strategies and successful techniques taught at this one-of-a-kind lending school.
- 5-Day Lending Schools taught by Rex Johnson
- 3-Day Lending Schools taught by LSCI consultants
- Interactive Learning Environment
- Motivating & Educational Lectures
- Real-World Encounters With Members
Registration fees include all training materials, two meals per day, and a graduation certificate. To register, call 877-915-7675 x67 or signup online.
Please note: Dates and locations are subject to change. Please call to confirm dates and locations before making travel arrangements.
Be sure to check out our other schools too including:
Who Should Attend the University of Lending?
- Loan Department Managers
- New & Experienced Loan Officers
- Member Service Representatives
- Training Managers
- Collections Managers & Collectors
- All Credit Union Staff
The University of Lending covers many topics, including lessons on not only how to become a better lender, but a better person. Here is a list of some of the topics that will be covered at the University (3-day University of Lending is a condensed version of the following):
Score Enhancement - Learn about what Rex Johnson calls "The best cross-selling tool I have ever seen"
- Hear firsthand of the phenomenal success of credit unions who have used score enhancement
- Learn first-hand from Rex how to implement score enhancement at your credit union
Decision Making - Learn how to...
- Analyze the application and the credit bureau report
- Spot Hidden Opportunities
- Make the marginal loans
- Interview and direct the conversation with the member while they are on the phone
- Avoid Bankruptcies
- Create the right environment to approve loans
- Take a common-sense approach to making loan decisions
Sales Skills - Learn how to...
- Approach members in person and by telephone
- Explain a product and its features
- Create a desire for a product
- Properly explain and sell insurance products, such as Credit Life/Disability
- Discover your members requirements and meet their needs
- Close a deal - You will not only approve members while on the phone, but cross-sell and close the deal
- Exceed members' expectations
Advanced Risk-Based Lending - Answer the following questions...
- Are we turning down potential loans and income by sending members to finance companies?
- Are we being too selective?
- Are our most credit-worthy members going elsewhere for a better deal?
- If you are already doing Risk-Based Lending, how do we maximize our RBL program to generate even more revenue?
- If we have not implemented a RBL program should we, and how do we get started?