Rex Johnson’s mission of ‘serving the under-served’ has given over 50,000 credit union employees the tools needed to be the ‘best of the best.’ Jack Kelly and the University of Lending will maximize your employee’s potential, generating more income, achieving dramatic improvements in loan yields, ROAs, and member service practices, while discovering a new-found motivation for lending and people helping people.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• Master the FICO Scoring Model
• Become a ‘Human Credit Score Simulator’
• Develop your lenders into entrepreneurs, not order takers
• Ignite employee passion to be the ‘best of the best’
• And so much more!
Registration deadline 2/15/19
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
150 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Room Rate: $175 through 2/4/19
Group Code: 1902LENDIN
Online Reservation Link: University of Lending Room Block, Click Here
$1295 Per Attendee
$1095 Return Attendee
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon Welcome/Philosophy/Scoring Models
We will show you everything you need to know about scoring models. How many credit scores the average person has, how to recognize good scores from bad scores, and what direction the score is headed. You’ll be able to make better decisions and you will see how “E” paper may be “A” paper and how “A” & “B” paper may be “D” or “E” paper. We will show you what makes a score change so quickly, and how some loans you thought were good are being charged off.
12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Scoring Models/ Score Enhancement
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon Decision Making
We will teach you the “art of the interview” to learn how to truly talk to your members instead of just filling orders. We will show you how to make a loan that you would normally turn down if you ask the right questions. We’ll also show you what loans you can’t make, and you’ll learn how to avoid bankruptcies by easily recognizing what causes them. You’ll be provided with many tools to make decision-making easy.
12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Decision Making Continued
Thursday, February 28, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon High Yield Lending Strategy (HYLS)
Credit unions talk about taking risk and have everything in place, they’re just not doing it. We’ll show you how to get started and when to take risk. Are your policies a barrier?
12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Sales Skills
We will show you how to evaluate your staff, the attributes of a good sales person. Once you identify you have the right people, we’ll show you how to teach them the right techniques. Collateral protection products will become part of your culture, not just an afterthought resulting in increased product penetration. You’ll learn how to increase products per household while building the lifetime relationship. We’ll provide you with proven incentive programs that work. We’ll give you all the tools to be a super salesman, help a more members, and enhance your income.
Daily breaks will be at 10:30 and 2:30 ~ Agenda Subject to Change
Scoring Models/Score Enhancement
- The overview of the components that make up a scoring model.
- How to explain to a member why their score is what it is.
- How to show a member how to DRAMATICALLY improve their score to earn a lower rate.
- How to use Score Enhancement as the best cross selling tool to dramatically drive up loans.
- Is Score Enhancement part of your credit union’s culture?
Decision Making – Learn how to…
- Start asking the right questions, not just the ones on the application.
- Identify the trend to determine what direction the member’s score is headed.
- Analyze the application and the credit bureau report.
- Spot hidden opportunities.
- Make the marginal loan.
- Interview a member and direct the conversation with members while they are on the telephone.
- Avoid bankruptcies.
- Create the right environment to approve loans.
- Reject a loan without upsetting a member.
- Take a common-sense approach in making loan decisions.
- Close loans.
- Are we turning down potential loans and income by sending members to finance companies?
- What is the price of saying “No”? / The Million Dollar Member
- Approach your members in person and by telephone. The credit report is your biggest cross selling tool, are you using it?
- Explain a product and its features.
- Create a desire for a product.
- Explain the benefits of insurance products, such as credit/life disability, extended warranties and others.
- Increase product penetration.
- Implement a meaningful incentive program.
- Discover your members’ requirements, then meet and exceed them.
- Approve and CLOSE loans while the member is on the phone.
- The importance of closing loans, not just processing loans.
- New members are great lending opportunities.
High Yield Lending Strategy
- Are we being too selective in our credit granting process?
- Do we treat new/young/limited-credit members the same as a long-term member with A+ credit?
- Are you tried of financing mistakes?
- Serving the Under-served.
- Increased loan growth and loan yield
- Long term sustainable growth and improved net income will be achieved through implementation of the High Yield Lending Strategy.