Founded by industry icon Rex Johnson in 1996, the University of Lending continues to be the preeminent training school for credit unions. Lenders, member service represenatives, and managers can all benefit from this course, and we guarantee your employees will come back with the knowledge and passion to make a difference for your credit union and members.
Register by 9/28/20
Chicago Marriott Northwest
4800 Hoffman Boulevard
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Hotel Phone: 847-645-9500
Room Rate: $139/night through September 28, 2020
Online Reservations: Book your room online at our special group rate for Lending Solutions - University of Lending
• Master the FICO Scoring Model
• Become a ‘Human Credit Score Simulator’
• Develop your lenders into entrepreneurs, not order takers
• Ignite employee passion to be the ‘best of the best’
• And so much more!
$1295 Per Attendee
$1095 Return Attendee
Scoring Models/Score Enhancement
- The overview of the components that make up a scoring model.
- How to explain to a member why their score is what it is.
- How to show a member how to DRAMATICALLY improve their score to earn a lower rate.
- How to use Score Enhancement as the best cross selling tool to dramatically drive up loans.
- Is Score Enhancement part of your credit union’s culture?
Decision Making – Learn how to…
- Start asking the right questions, not just the ones on the application.
- Identify the trend to determine what direction the member’s score is headed.
- Analyze the application and the credit bureau report.
- Spot hidden opportunities.
- Make the marginal loan.
- Interview a member and direct the conversation with members while they are on the telephone.
- Avoid bankruptcies.
- Create the right environment to approve loans.
- Reject a loan without upsetting a member.
- Take a common-sense approach in making loan decisions.
- Close loans.
- Are we turning down potential loans and income by sending members to finance companies?
- What is the price of saying “No”? / The Million Dollar Member
- Approach your members in person and by telephone. The credit report is your biggest cross selling tool, are you using it?
- Explain a product and its features.
- Create a desire for a product.
- Explain the benefits of insurance products, such as credit/life disability, extended warranties and others.
- Increase product penetration.
- Implement a meaningful incentive program.
- Discover your members’ requirements, then meet and exceed them.
- Approve and CLOSE loans while the member is on the phone.
- The importance of closing loans, not just processing loans.
- New members are great lending opportunities.
High Yield Lending Strategy
- Are we being too selective in our credit granting process?
- Do we treat new/young/limited-credit members the same as a long-term member with A+ credit?
- Are you tried of financing mistakes?
- Serving the Under-served.
- Increased loan growth and loan yield
- Long term sustainable growth and improved net income will be achieved through implementation of the High Yield Lending Strategy.